Business Services Accounting Manager | CPA
Are you a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) with a passion for your profession, technical accounting, a talent for leadership and sound business acumen for advising growing businesses
Wolf Recruiting in collaboration with Professional Career Placements is recruiting for a role in Walnut Creek that brings together the best of public accounting and private industry.
Our client is a top "Best Places to Work" CPA firm with an unusual knack for creating challenging career paths combined with genuine work/life balance for their employees.
You are not a clock-puncher - you'll hear that straight from the top. You're a valuable team member and leader chartered with advising some of the hottest companies in the SF Bay area.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Responsible for managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial statements.
- Set budgets, select staff and assign workloads, and financial reporting.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Management degree
* Minimum 5-years related experience in public accounting - experience in a corporate accounting environment a plus
* Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations
* Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
* Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions