Business Solutions Specialist- Columbus, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
We are seeking a Business Solutions Specialist for our Columbus, OH Region. This role will be responsible for developing relationships and providing value added services to select current and potential customers. In addition, you will assist in the development of regional segment business plans and provide business segment expertise to the regional sales and marketing team.
* Provide relevant business solutions to complement the initiatives of our Sales and Marketing teams, with an ultimate goal of increasing the overall market share of Gordon Food Service.
* Interface and collaborate with key customers to achieve sales and margin goals.
* Execute key customer menu developmental plans for the region.
* Work collaboratively with Product Specialists to provide back of the house consulting to key current and prospective customers to include recipe development, portioning, and plate presentations.
* Work directly with key customers to provide Back of House consulting in areas such as kitchen layout, development of training programs, and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) training.
* Provide front of the house consulting to key and prospective customers to include wait staff training, silent shopper evaluations, and menu layout and design.
* Ensures consistent and relevant business solutions training for sales teams, in collaboration with other divisional marketing team members.
* Participate in planning, coordination, and execution of food shows, sales and marketing meetings, and industry events.
* Leverage Home Office content and insights to be used in the division and direct to customers, support adoption, and leverage of tools (ATR, Customer Success).
* Assist in the development of segment business plans. Analyze of trend data and incorporate the data to develop business solutions that strengthen the relationship between GFS and key regional customers.
* Assist in key customer business reviews.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
* Three to five year previous food service operations experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Must maintain a valid, unrestricted state driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy.
* Frequent travel (30% to 60%).
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Why Work for Gordon Food Service? Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.