Business System Analyst - Testing 8/31/2016
National General Insurance Company
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position provides support to both internal and external business customers and delivers solutions to achieve product and territorial expansion as well as operational improvements and new system implementations. This position develops expertise in specific LOB's on new platform policy systems. This position is specifically responsible for executing test plans for the company's policy administration systems, billing systems and all supporting integrations. In addition, ongoing support for production issues is required. This requires the issue to be researched and escalated as necessary.
* Follows established project management methodology to develop, coordinate and implement projects.
* Collaborates with business customers and IT to define business requirements and project definition and scope.
* Participates in system integration testing to facilitate early resolution of issues.
* Adheres to test plans /cases and conducts user acceptance testing. Analyzes policy rating and policy output to ensure compliance with rate, rule and forms filings.
* Completes all testing by required due date and signs off of Squish timely with no adverse impact to the release date.
* Executes implementation and conversion plans.
* Maintains a high level knowledge of our policy administration systems, billing systems , processes and product / line of business knowledge.
* Provides problem resolution analysis and support to the user population.
* Builds strong cross-functional relationships with IT and business process to accomplish objectives.
* Education: Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 1+ years of business analyst and user acceptance testing experience in Property/Casualty lines.
* Experience rating and issuing Property/Casualty and or Personal Lines policies. The ability to perform manual rating is a plus.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.