Business System Specialist, Oracle (Plastics) (2016270)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
This strategic position aligns with the businesses to develop and recommend well-focused ERP system processes with Oracle. This position has a flexible location. She/he will formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. This role will continually Influence the business with the blending of consulting, technical expertise, and overall process knowledge. This position will identify gaps within current ERP processes at the Operational level and work with Operations teams to identify, drive, and leverage performance improvement opportunities across the division.
* Use their overall functional knowledge of business processes internal and external to Sonoco to identify opportunities.
* Business consulting- gather as is and to be business processes, gaps, and propose solutions. Identify gaps in system utilization at Operational level and improve processes to eliminate non value added labor and processes.
* Maintain current knowledge and alignment of the business strategic goals, and business objectives.
* Utilize vast experience of applications, technical training and vast experience in Financial, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to design and develop applications for the appropriate functional area or across applications
* Serve as mentor to analysts and other personnel to transfer business and technical knowledge.
* Project management- coordinate and manage with managers and team leaders to ensure system effectiveness, accuracy, timeliness, and alignment with LBT and business goals
* Ensure superior customer service by assisting in identifying customer/company needs.
* Provide training and troubleshooting support to customers.
* Coordinate with Business Technology and Data Management to identify system issues and provide solutions.
* Anticipated travel requirements: 50% of time (Domestic & International travel required)
* Support other Global Plastics Operations as needed.
* Strong focus on maintaining & improving integrity & accuracy of system data, so that best business decisions can be made.
* Develops & maintains troubleshooting, training/job aid content, and testing documentation.
Bachelors degree preferred, no required.
Minimum 3 years experience
Ability to travel 50% of the time domestic and international travel required
Chatham, New York, United States