Business Systems Analyst-Claims Payer System
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Business Systems Analyst handles functions related to managing the day-to-day execution of data for their domain systems support area. Through their area knowledge (application/system), the incumbent provides subject matter expertise to define and validate requirements, business functional design, and technical design for medium business issues within their domain areas. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst is looked to support quality assurance, testing, software upgrades, and problem resolution. This position works directly with IS or the software vendor to address business issues within their domain area.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst Associate, the Business Systems Analyst must be able to:
* Assist Information Technology with hardware and software upgrades, security changes, and architectural enhancements; configure, test, implement, rollout and provide business sign-off on IT projects for business area supported.
* Develop system support processes with TAG and IS; coordinate daily to resolve production support issues, including application failures and user errors; document, track and report all system support activities
* Configure and maintain moderately critical system tables and data elements across multiple system environments; analyze, develop and implement configuration changes to improve system performance and user efficiency; monitor configuration for accuracy and compliance to change control processes.
* Coordinate, develop and execute testing plans with Business area and IS; serve as point of contact for business testing activities, ensure testing appropriateness to meet business requirements, document test plans and scenarios, execute test plans, verify test results for accuracy, relevance and completeness; provide final signoff and/or make recommendations to the business owner on User Acceptance Testing results; maintain requirements traceability of test plans and results for medium application changes; train/Coach others on appropriate testing protocol, execution and test plan creation.
* Serve as subject matter expert for operational system and procedural issues to the business and IS.
* Conduct data analysis and provide feedback to business area and IS on forecasting, planning and management of inventories, resources and other operational activities. Perform analysis to define, analyze, and develop solutions to production systems/procedural problems, executive inquiries, etc. for medium application changes.
* Resolve medium, moderately complex production issues by:
a. Perform initial triage for severity and business impact of application failures,
b. Troubleshoot root cause and documenting business requirements,
c. Develop applicable business processes,
d. Document functional specifications or use cases, reviewing and approving technical specifications
e. Coordinate with other Plan teams and Vendors to devise, test and implement remedies.
* Act as Business Lead/Coordinator on moderate single area/department projects by:
a. Facilitate project intake process,
b. Coordinate with IS to approve and schedule projects
c. Develop applicable business processes
d. Elicit and document business requirements and preparing appropriate specifications such as functional specifications and/or use case models through data gathering and analysis, systems analysis and/or existing documentation or processes, etc.
e. Review and approve technical specifications,
f. Support cost benefit analysis,
g. Develop implementation plans with Business area and IS, and develops post-implementation support processes with IS.
* Provide timely and accurate reporting on inventory, productivity, user activity, and system performance on a regular and/or as requested basis.
* Develop and maintain reporting tools for use in ensuring data integrity and systems stability. Provide timely and accurate access to data for reporting inventory, productivity, user activity, and system performance.
* Undergraduate degree with course work in computer science, business, health administration or public health, engineering or technical field.
* 4 years of systems analysis experience
* In lieu of a degree, 6 years experience in the business application (such as Power MHS claims, Power MHS membership, Lawson, EDI) and system analysis will be considered.
* 4 years of business area application experience.
* Ability to use automated tools to perform detailed analysis and reporting required (ie. Query writing, Business Objects)
* Ability to read, interpret and apply technical specifications
* Ability to lead medium size project teams
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret and present quantitative data.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Good presentation skills.
* Ability to work in teams and independently.
* Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines.
* Visual Design tools knowledge/skills highly desirable..