Business Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary
Performs analytical tasks related to system enhancements and maintenance, serves as the liaison between the business unit and the programming/technical units, makes recommendations to management for system enhancements (which could be revenue producing items)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Creates detailed project plans and tracking documents to track a project from start to finish
* Plays a key role in communicating issues related to projects/request to the business unit and programming/technical staff
* Creates documentation related to projects and/or system changes to ensure they are properly communicated to the field and Help Services
* Confers with personnel of business units involved in mergers and acquisitions to assure application(s) being converted and operational and the success of the venture
* Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program
* Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs
* Assists Computer Programmer in resolution of work problems related to flow charts, project specifications, or programming
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Minimum Required & Knowledge
* Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
* At least 1-3 years related experience
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
* Knowledge of records management software products, imaging systems and automated databases
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication, analytical, customer service and organizational skills
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel
* Strong presentation skills
* Preferred knowledge in Accounting software, Contact Management systems, Database software, Development software, Human Resource systems, Internet software, Payroll systems, Project Management software, Spreadsheet software
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to travel
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 50 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Whitney Bank - Wealth Management - Trust Division
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.