Business Systems Analyst I 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
Under general supervision, provides support to the Medical Bill Review business unit and technical staff. Researches and defines user requirements and business rules to support workflow customizations required during the bill adjudication process. Serves as the lead business analyst for complex projects to enhance functionality within the Medical Bill Review applications.
* Manages the day to day enhancements required to support the requirements of bill adjudication process. Works directly with business unit(s) and vendor representatives to understand impact, objectives, requirements, and execution approach.*
* Monitors overall success of testing for program changes, including results verification and release sign-off.
* Coordinates and conducts project meetings and project documentation
* Assists business unit in developing tactical and strategic project, services and /or programs to support the business unit s goals.
* Works closely with business unit to prioritize requirements for release/implementation planning with the input of business SME s and stakeholders and implements requirements in accordance with standard release schedules and business practices.
* Escalates problems beyond level of expertise to manager, more experienced technical staff or vendor representatives.
* Fosters the development of technical knowledge and performance skills of other applications project teams and subject matter experts.
* Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, business rules, and software program functions
* Maintains user rights in the bill review application.
* Complies with and supports all corporate, department and unit policies and procedures.
* Keeps manager, project teams, and business units informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility;
* Leads and participates in vendor issues and change management processes
* Analyzes defects and continuously audits processes to identify opportunities to improve quality
* Performs other duties as requested.
* College degree in an Information Technology related or business discipline, or the equivalent in related work experience.
* Two (2) years business experience, ideally in health care/managed care environment and a good working knowledge of managed care business processes, data, systems and applications
* Strong working knowledge of the Business Analyst role; Requires facilitation skills and structured analysis techniques;
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio with an aptitude for learning new and/or proprietary technology
* Basic project management skills
* Familiarity with traditional SDLC or Agile methodology a plus but not required
* Proficiency in decision support systems; experience in Capstone Decision Manager
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.