Business Systems Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is responsible for resolving multi-platform and cross-functional application problems requiring subject matter expertise in the production environment. This role is accountable for assisting in the restoration of normal service operations as quickly as possible with minimum disruption to the business. The Business Analyst III is responsible for application and operational support of mission critical applications and requires coordination with internal operations and technology.
* Enforces the support standards to ensure the right structure, tools, processes and documentation are in place to continuously improving the support model.
* Provides professional and prompt technical support to customers, partnering with other internal departments to provide two way communications and customer impacts.
* Conducts analysis and research to resolve diverse/various types of customer issues
* Conducts problem management for applications, including cross-platform or multi-platform issues through the identification, documentation and resolution of root cause.
* Assesses system and error trends to identify irregularities in the production environment, as well as identify and resolve the root cause of the irregularities
* Performs testing and test plan activities to ensure the quality of enhancements moving into the production environment
* Acquires and maintains knowledge relevant to key systems and documents business requirements to resolve issues.
* Acts s SME on multiple components of a complex application or multiple applications, regularly consulting with the Applications Development group
* Works with external vendors as needed to resolve production problems
* Bachelor s Degree required
* 4-6 years of related IT workexperience preferably in the health insurance industry
* Has some leadership experience
* Demonstrated progression of professional responsibility
Special Licensing or certifications:
* Proficiency in all functions for one or more applications
* Requires strong knowledge of analysis techniques
* Demonstrates strong ability to apply structure to a loosely defined problem
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of core business functions.
* Requires ability to multitask and handle multiple problems simultaneously
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Requires strong PC skills
* Requires excellent organizational skills
* Requires the ability to apply new concepts quickly
* Prefer programming languages or technical skills
* Requires availability for night and weekend support as needed
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.