Business Systems Analyst Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20002291
The IT Business Systems Analyst has specific responsibilities, including leading application understanding & intent of Operational goals and metrics, while interfacing with technical team members and steering our vendor partners. The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Reviewing and guiding the functional and non-functional requirements, prioritization and opportunity costs for each program in the portfolio. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems requirements, including maintainability, non-functional, and defining metrics of success. Driving product backlogs and ensuring team focus is dedicated on the operational intent and user experience. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved portfolio for ROI. This person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities, while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision for our patients, clients, and team members. This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications. Travel is expected for 10% of their time
* Partner with and operationally lead employees and vendor partner consultants from different locations in the development and delivery of Specialty software applications
* Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution issues and complexities. Identify process improvement and synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
* Consult with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management. Acts as liaison between application development teams and across vertical partners to resolve issues, mitigate risks and monitor results.
* Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
* Consults on defects so they are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
* Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
* College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
* 8-12 years experience in requirements development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the Specialty/PBM industry
* Focus areas for this role will include the Revenue Cycle Management (Healthcare billing, Claims, overall financial process) Experience in these areas is a strong plus
* Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
* Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Agile process and iterative development as it applies to software delivery.
* Well versed in creation and communication of Epics, Use Cases, Features & User Stories as they relate to operational charters and requirements decomposition.
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
* Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting.
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
* Strong customer service focus.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Familiarity with health care or Specialty/PBM industry very helpful.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
* Willingness to travel limited amounts.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Information Technology s vision is to be a catalyst in developing new business opportunities, sustaining strategic partnerships with our customers and supporting the future growth of Express Scripts. This vision is realized by aligning our work to corporate goals and market forces in order to deliver innovative business solutions in a reliable, secure and compliant manner while positioning us for future technology & market change. We deliver on these imperatives through the use of best people, best methods, best partners, enabled by a flexible & scalable architecture to deliver business value.
Through this vision, we achieve our mission to provide innovative business solutions that enable & drive value in a timely, reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.