Business Systems Analyst Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004083
The Business Analyst Systems Specialist is the primary liaison between the business and IT. Responsibilities include: working on large, enterprise-wide initiatives at a program-level, developing or enhancing the Business Analyst Team Strategy promoting the team and vision to the rest of the corporation, meeting with various levels of management to promote consistency of the BA role across the organization., providing leadership, training and guidance to business analysts and project managers throughout the company, and defining best in class business analysis best practices.
* Functions in a consultative role to provide expertise in BA tools, process and best practices. Has a broad knowledge base of industry trends and innovations, process/methodology improvement and documentation.
* Is a persuasive communicator, has excellent facilitation and presentation techniques and is comfortable presenting to all levels of management. Balanced presentation of ideas and information to large audiences Maintains respectful dialogue in challenging situations. Provides context to decisions by communicating the bigger picture. Effectively collaborates and influences leadership across the IT organization. Uses diplomacy and tact. Is able to understand disparate perspectives, find common points of agreement, and navigate past road blocks. Have broad resources and social networks to reach into the organization to exchange ideas or seek input.
* Broad base of knowledge within the BA role as well as the greater organization that acts in a consultative role (Enterprise Analysis). Ability to understand broad impacts and can make/implement recommendations on solutions while mitigating risks. Coordinate and lead BA tasks across multiple programs/projects including Program-level Business Analysis, competitive analysis, feasibility studies and business cases. Works independently and with minimal guidance from management to plan, resource and execute against goals and plans. Exercises solid independent judgment and decision making abilities.
* Drives the need and executes upon approval of BA productivity and process improvements with BA leadership. Inspires and influences team members to achieve goals. Ability to direct the work of others, providing performance coaching, feedback and training activities to team members. Can identify training needs within the team and recommends solutions. Able to educate stakeholders outside the team on BA processes and achieve shared mindset/alignment. Able to act as a mentor to other team members and provide productive feedback. Has the ability to lead broad training initiatives beyond the team.
* Largely responsible for coordinating with management and developing the strategic vision for the team. Heavily involved in the industry to monitor trends and incorporate them where applicable. Ability to understand, align and articulate the organizational strategy and vision and how that relates to the change. Highly skilled in understanding the big picture. Drives solutions to close gaps and mitigate risks. Called on by outside groups as an expert.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or equivalent work experience.
8-12 years relevant experience or MA/MS with 6 -10 years relevant exeperience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project)
Demonstrated ability to lead program-level business analysis projects, feasibility studies, competitive analysis and business cases; ability to mentor, coach and train business analysts.
Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues.
Experience with system development methodologies.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities; communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Application Development is focused on creating, testing and deploying client and patient applications that run our renowned customized service delivery system. These teams use traditional and Agile application development disciplines, depending on client, partner and patient requirements. The following functional areas make up the Application Development community:
HOME DELIVERY & APPLICATION SERVICES
This team leads application development strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Home Delivery and patient systems. They also manage all centralized functions for quality assurance, release management and production support operations.
Home Delivery oversees application development strategy and execution, including business relationship management for all Home Delivery, Contact and Digital systems.
PHARMACY BENEFIT MANAGEMENT (PBM)
The PBM group is responsible for application design, development and strategy for all core PBM systems including Benefits & Eligibility, Clinical Programs, Coverage Review Determination, Supply Chain, Retail Networks, Client Data, Adjustments and Claims Adjudication. This team partners with Clinical Solutions, Client Services, Supply Chain, Operations, Product and Account Management to bring innovative solutions and service to clients and patients.
The Specialty team manages application development, strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Specialty systems.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.