Business Systems Analyst, Sr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Nashville Corporate Office - 111 Westwood Pl. Brentwood, TN 37027
Responsible for the execution of business application development projects and the subsequent support of those applications. Provides input and participates in the planning and execution of these activities.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Performs analysis and designs tasks related to both new and existing applications. Completes analysis with business users, as required, ensuring support of their business objectives.
* Performs systems development life cycle (SDLC) tasks, as required, to support project objectives.
* Tests application programs within Brookdale's system/regression test environment, develops test cases, tests data, and ensures testing requirements are met and documented.
* Documents and communicates testing results. Tracks and verifies any required corrections and ensures completion.
* Works with business personnel on process analysis, as appropriate. Applies input in the creation of new processes.
* Assesses, recommends, and implements re-engineering processes, where appropriate.
* Assists other team members, as appropriate.
* Supports project planning through the estimation of appropriate tasks.
* Performs project lead responsibilities for appropriate size projects, utilizing appropriate project management techniques and methodologies.
* Develops and modifies application ad-hoc and standard reports using SQL, or other tools.
* Serves as a primary resource for application support issues. Troubleshoots and resolves problems, and properly documents issues and resolutions. Identifies existing and/or potential project and system issues, and formulates systematic solutions to meet business requirements.
* Trains co-workers and users on applications to ensure proper understanding and support
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field required.
* Minimum five years experience in IT or Business.
* Previous programming experience using standard development tools and languages with proficiency in applicable technical platform is preferred.
* Minimum five years experience in design and development of complex business applications and solutions, in the business systems analyst role.
* Minimum five years experience in writing SQL queries in Oracle and/or SQL Server database environments.
* Minimum one year experience in writing test plans, preparing test data, and defect management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-150388.aspx'