Business Systems Analyst V
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Come join Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey as we celebrate being ranked among 2014 s InformationWeek Elite 100. One of the industry's most prestigious awards, the InformationWeek Elite 100 corporate rankings spotlight the most innovative users of information technology across the nation. Horizon BCBSNJ ranked 73rd on the InformationWeek listing and is the only major health insurance company to be ranked.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has also been named as a 2015 Digital Edge 25 honoree. The Digital Edge 25 awards, produced by IDG Enterprise media brands CIO and Computerworld and the CIO Executive Council, honor enterprises that have leveraged digital technologies such as social, mobile, analytics and cloud to achieve highly significant transformation or innovation for their business, to give them a competitive "digital edge."
A key proponent to our success is our Business Solutions Group. We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst V to provide oversight for the analysis and translation of business needs into business/technical requirements. The role leads teams and other resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business requirements for complex issues (quantity and magnitude). This person will also act as a representative of IT to the Enterprise regarding Enterprise Initiatives.
* Leading and owning the analysis of complex issues and coordinates the documentation of business needs.
* Leading and managing the process for identifying and recommending improvements; leads the verification and validation of requirements, obtaining approvals on solution requirements and traceability.
* Overseeing the creation of technical documents and high level solution designs.
* Independently facilitate requirements meetings/workshops and prepare documentation of the elicitation results for large enterprise wide change projects.
* Overseeing the development, testing and implementation of system specifications.
* Recommending best practices for delivering business solutions.
* Managing the deployment of tools and methodologies (ex. SIPOC) to identify process and operational efficiencies in the business s current and future stat models to optimize business value.
* Providing SME direction to the portfolio and ensure that all documented requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfills goas and objectives and meets stakeholders needs.
* Requires knowledge of system development life cycle and implementation methodologies.
* Requires strong ability to apply structure to loosely defined complex problems.
* Demonstrates understanding of core business functions.
* Requires skillful project execution experience and knowledge.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Requires knowledge of programming, development, and technical architecture.
* Requires experience in leading the translation of business processes and requirements into function specifications and process flows in structured tools (Visio).
* Bachelor s Degree required from an accredited university.
* Graduate studies or professional development activities preferred.
* 8+ years of related IT work experience preferably in the health insurance industry.
* Experience with implementation and integration of care management applications including commercially available products and proprietary systems is preferred. Includes experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) and message oriented middleware technologies and architectures.
* Knowledge of Healthcare Management operations preferred. Includes experience with technology related to utilization management, provider network and contracting, pricing, medical policy, quality and other care management domains.
* Demonstrated experience in a key lead role in major company initiatives and demonstrated leadership experience.
* Demonstrated experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies/approaches strongly preferred
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.