Business Systems Analyst 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Salary Range: 60,767.00 - 69,882.00 - 78, 997.00
Business Systems Analyst 2 Job Summary
A Business Systems Analyst 2 (BSA 2) serves as a liaison between the business client and IT in order to develop solutions that meet a business need. Under general supervision, a BSA 2 elicits and maintains business requirements, translates business requirements into system requirements, and manages clarifications between business and technical teams
The BSA 2 uses standard processes to anticipate, document and mitigate discipline risks, issues and assumptions and adjusts for mid-complexity projects/releases with minimal guidance, or significantly participates in these activities on higher complexity project/releases. The BSA 2 role is focused on working towards developing the skill set of a BSA 3 including: developing leadership skills in mentoring and coaching others, increasing analytical knowledge and skill towards higher complexity work, and business case creation skills. As part of the leadership development, the BSA 2 may help coach and mentor BSA 1 s.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance not all listed)
1. Maintains and manages requirements within requirements management tool and related System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) artifacts.
2. Ensures requirement discipline artifacts can be effectively leveraged by other SDLC disciplines.
3. Facilitates requirements review sessions with business and IT.
4. Assists business clients with developing new business processes or modifying existing business processes (during implementation, may help develop communication material; define supporting procedures and standards; document training materials; assist in the immediate training effort; etc.).
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 3 to 7 years of experience in Business or Systems Analysis.
2. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
3. Proven ability to analyze and solve problems.
4. Proven ability to learn quickly, move with agility between assignments, multi-task, and to work effectively in a team environment.
5. Demonstrated customer focus, interpersonal savvy, and perseverance skills.
6. Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and highly technical environment producing results.
7. Demonstrated Property/Casualty (P/C) Insurance or product specific knowledge.
8. Demonstrated Experience executing any role within the SDLC (including application developer, tester or project manager).
9. Demonstrated Fundamental level of requirements development, engineering or management knowledge.
10. Experience with enterprise requirements management tools.
11. Bachelor s degree OR commensurate experience.
12. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.