Business Systems Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20002332
The Business Systems Architect uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. Leads work groups that are responsible for software development, design and quality testing. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. The Sr Software Development Engineer will maintain these programs by coding, testing, and debugging documents. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
* Partner with multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects or programs across an application family. Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects or programs for an application family.
* Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
* Function as team leader for a large or complex unit with accountability for: Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is tech debt removal when possible. Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area. Implement actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team. Serve as SME for components of the team.
* Partner with architects to set direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the ESI environment.
* Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites 6. 10 % - Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
* Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
* Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
* Work on special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 8-12 years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years at ESI or Master s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
years experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the Specialty/ PBM industry.
with n-tier architecture and distributed systems.
MULE, J2EE, Eclipse, .NET, iOS and/or HTML5 software development experience is
a strong plus
forms, Oracle PL/SQL software development experience is a pl
with Oracle financials and Specialty Revenue Cycle Management applications is
* Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives; Strong customer service focus
* Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
* Familiarity with health care or PBM industry
* Familiar with working in a vendor partner model
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
* Strong mentoring skills
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
* Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.