Business Systems Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
The Project Control Systems Developer/Business Systems Developer s primary role will be to serve as the lead developer in support of all phases of the software development life-cycle for IBM Cognos TM1 applications across various business units.
* Design and develop financial models required to perform accounting and finance functions, including budge/ forecast/planning systems, automate business processes and meet business requirements of all business units.
* Act as a subject matter expert, manage metadata, understand business rules, develop and maintain complex financial modeling. Manage and reconcile the flow of data from Corporate Center to Sempra companies. Generate special reporting needed for this regulatory process. Design and implement new system functionalities utilizing the available technology as required.
* Coordinate user testing of system enhancements, patches and upgrades. Perform system testing and assist in end user testing. Understand and support the long and short term planning process of construction projects across the organization. Develop, maintain and perform end user training.
* Partner with various project management, finance and accounting departments to understand their needs and create business requirement documents, System Configuration documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and communications to users.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in IT, Computer Science, Finance, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required. Previous experience leading financial modeling application such as Cognos TM1, Oracle Hyperion, Adaptive Insights, Prophix. Must have experience designing and developing complex budget and forecasting applications. Experience with IBM Cognos BI reporting using TM1 as a data source considered a plus. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required. Professional certifications and advanced degrees considered a plus.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and deadline driven environment.
* Proficient at financial modeling and quantitative analysis.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Comfortable with business requirements analysis, user acceptance testing and change management techniques.
* Understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
* Demonstrated ability to administer financial systems.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Level hired into will be DOE.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.