Business Unit Controller - Shelton, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Based in Shelton, CT and reporting directly to the Group Controller, Hubbell Commercial and Industrial (HCI), this position will serve as a key member of the Wiring Systems leadership team and will have full financial oversight of the Wiring Systems segment, a $350M division of the company with operations in Shelton, Newtown and Mystic, CT; Arden, NC; Puerto Rico and China (JV).
This position will oversee the monthly closing cycle within the business unit and will be responsible to interface regularly with the local operations and commercial teams as well as the HCI and Corporate finance leaders to articulate results with clarity and transparency and maintain a strong controllership environment. This high-profile role will also provide strategic and tactical leadership of the finance activities of a multi-site business unit, in conjunction with the Enterprise-wide One Hubbell Finance team.
* Full financial responsibility for Wiring Systems business, including financial reporting, cost accounting, planning and forecasting and ensuring a robust control environment
* Direct large team of finance professionals responsible for managing the monthly financial close process, including detailed analysis of results versus forecast, prior year, and plan
* Key business partner to the Wiring Systems General Manager and Group leadership team, providing financial leadership to the operations and commercial teams in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives; and in the effective management of departmental expenses
* Manage the financial performance of the business, including administering internal controls, planning, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing business drivers, risks, and operational metrics
* Drive, develop and coordinate the annual operating plan, monthly forecasts, periodic goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for Wiring Systems & business management, including variance analysis, cost control reporting and recommendations
* Work with Hubbell Corporate and HCI Group Controllership to provide technical accounting support to accounting team and act as accounting policy champion to ensure proper compliance, training, roll-out and maintenance of Group and Corporate accounting policies
* Manage relationship with China Joint Venture partner and offer leadership and support to JV
* Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable trends and variances
* Manage the deployment of productivity cost savings and other programs that provide operating economies and improve profitability
* Monitor and provide opportunities to support continuously improving plant productivity and utilization
* Support enterprise-wide One Hubbell Finance initiatives that deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness for the finance and accounting function
* Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with Company Policy & Procedure as well as U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
* Support internal and external audit activity and assist in timely remediation of any findings or follow up items and work with finance team to ensure SOX controls are documented and operating effectively
* Oversee, lead and manage product costing systems and processes for current and standard costing as well as cost estimating activities to support the commercial operations
* Evaluates and approves business capital appropriation requests prior to local, Group and Corporate management approval
* Complete ad hoc financial information requests and various special projects as needed
Education & Experience Requirements
* 10+ years of accounting experience with 4+ years in a Multi-site manufacturing environment as a Plant Controller or Accounting Manager
* BS in Accounting/Finance required, CPA and/or MBA desired
* Proven ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop all levels of finance team
* Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SAP experience strongly preferred
* Deep understanding of transactional accounting and the accounting close process
* Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with both local and executive management; ability to collaborate and communicate with others
* Demonstrated experience interfacing regularly with professionals at all levels of the organization, from manufacturing floor to senior executive office
* Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
* Experience in implementing finance and accounting best practices
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.