Business Unit Leader, Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Philip Morris USA's role is to responsibly manufacture and market PM USA Brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Business Unit Leader to join our Manufacturing Technical Support department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will lead and assist natural work teams in order to fulfill business unit objectives that are linked to factory/manufacturing goals and strategy through continuous process improvements.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Leading natural work teams in understanding and translating functional or business strategies into tactical implementation plans within the business unit
* Managing resources and staffing levels within the business unit to meet production, compliance, team and project requirements to achieve objectives or goals
* Determining and providing for team and individual development needs to support the transition to self-managed natural work teams and developing and sustaining problem solving, continuous improvement and decision making skills
* Seeking coaching opportunities with teams / individuals for performance improvement and administering reward, recognition and consequences when appropriate
* Developing and monitoring key, actionable measures with team members to link business unit performance to factory/ manufacturing-wide objectives or strategy
* Coordinating production and planned activities of business unit with team members and supporting resources to meet established schedules and assuring effective execution of work processes
* Developing and sharing relevant information to support and focus problem solving and process improvement efforts of natural work teams in line with key measures, business goals, and strategic initiatives
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical or business fields, plus a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in manufacturing
* Familiarity with principles and concepts of Quality Systems, ISO and lean manufacturing
* Prior industrial manufacturing maintenance experience preferred
* Familiarity with SAP or equivalent maintenance work order systems
* Knowledge of common, heavy industrial parts, tools, and related maintenance practices in a production environment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and lead employees in a team-based environment
* Demonstrated ability to balance multiple and changing priorities and make decisions using independent judgment under time constraints with minimal supervision when required
* Ability to draw on knowledge and experience to resolve problems, identify needs, and apply logic / deductive reasoning to develop and implement lasting solutions
* Ability to negotiate and build consensus for resource needs, problem solving and solutions with peers, subordinates and management through networks within and beyond the business unit or department
* Must be able to perform the duties within a maintenance and manufacturing environment
* The ability to work any shift, with extensive overtime, weekend and holiday work required
At Philip Morris USA, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.