Business and Cost Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Massachusetts Medical Society
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a member of our financial planning and management team, you will conduct and prepare business research and analysis to inform and support sound decisions and enhanced financial performance. Key responsibilities include supporting the development and presentation of financial models and analysis that support the formulation and evaluation of solutions for the Society’s financial and business matters. Responsibilities also include the effective utilization of cost accounting systems for financial planning and reporting, and assistance with activities that support the development of the Society’s long range financial plan and annual budget targeting aligned with business and financial objectives.
• A Bachelors’ degree or equivalent and three or more years of related experience
• A solid understanding of business strategy, operations, markets and environments, and the ability to apply critical thinking
• In-depth knowledge of financial and performance management and associated risks
• Expertise in gathering and analyzing data, building financial models, interpreting and understanding business, market, risk management and financial information, and the ability to translate data and information to share insights
• Proficiency with Enterprise Performance Management, business intelligence and financial management systems, activity based cost accounting, analytical spreadsheet tools, predictive analytics and data management concepts
• Strong research and analysis skills, excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Not-for-profit, digital media and/or publishing industry experiences is strongly preferred
• Professional certification such as the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or FP&A (Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional) are preferred
The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians. Through the combined efforts of our 400 employees – and publications including the New England Journal of Medicine – we serve as an advocate for physicians and patients, furthering the goal of quality medical care, and publishing reports on important advances in medical science and practice.
We offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits program. Please visit the Careers section of our website at www.massmed.org for more information or to apply online for this position.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is an EOE: Minorities, Females, Vets and Disabled.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave