Buyer A - NSSA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Ann Arbor, MI
May be responsible for either executing commodity strategy or developing and executing localization and VA/VE strategy. Manage supply base to ensure supplier performance meets or exceeds NSSA requirements.
* Lead multi-discipline projects or teams
* Support APQP or NPDS teams as required
* Requests quotes, evaluate and selects suppliers, negotiates contracts and issues purchase orders, coordinates the purchase of component parts, drives domestic and global sourcing and audits supplier performance
* Interface with change project teams
* Achieve cost reduction goals due to localization and VA/VE efforts and leverage corporate global purchasing power where possible
* Conduct or support supplier manufacturing feasibility reviews and supplier kickoff meetings. May also conduct and support supplier manufacturing technical reviews
* May be responsible for managing commodities or projects as required
* Analyze data in order to develop and implement Localization strategy
* Keeps updates on market conditions, prices and supply trends, purchasing techniques and new products. Able to communicate technology trends to other NSSA Departments. Work closely with manufacturing and product engineering to identify opportunities to drive strategy
* This position as well as all positions within NSK STEERING SYSTEMS AMERICA, Inc. are responsible for adhering to our Vision, Mission, and Values including Continuous Improvement, Good Housekeeping practices, Safety in everything we do, and adherence to our Environmental Procedures and Policies.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 2 to 4 years of position-related experience, preferably 4 to 6 years of position-related experience.
*This position may be filled as a Buyer A, Salary Grade 28, or a Sr. Buyer, Salary Grade 29, depending on experience.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Matching 401(k)
* Bonus Plan
* Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor