This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Buyer will be responsible for negotiating contracts for the procurement of required materials and services from suppliers. The person in this role will establish strategies to improve supply chain solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships. Working independently, the Buyer will coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Additional responsibilities to include:
* Determine material requirements from engineering and production schedules.
* Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
* Obtain materials, components, equipment and services.
* Has the discretion to do research and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
* Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc.
* Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
* Establish cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing to reduce freight cost and material cost from overseas suppliers to local suppliers in order to meet Customer cost initiatives.
* Will act as a liaison between Sales, Planning, Receiving, Shipping, Quality Control, Molding and Fabrication, and Assembly, Accounting, Engineering, etc., on all matters involving materials and purchases, or affecting production and achievement of the shipping plan.
* Continuous price negotiation for cost reduction against Customer requirement.
* Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a Buyer role. Electronic procurement experience preferred.
* Oil & gas experience is a must.
* Experience in sourcing activities.
* Strong negotiating skills are a must.
* Decision-making skills.
* Ability to gather all information and make the best decision for the company.
* Contract-MFG background needed.
* APICS certification or training preferred.
* Oracle manufacturing systems experience preferred.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook & Word) required.
* Internet proficiency (supplier and inventory searching) highly desirable.
* Familiarity with government FAR and DFAR requirements desirable.
* Need to know V-look up and Pivot tables, and also be able to create excel worksheets.
* Able to handle fast pace environment.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.