This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
CST Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
We are looking for a Buyer in our DeKalb, IL location.
Primary responsibilities: To procure goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Promotes a safe and accident free work place
* Reviews requisitions and places purchase orders
* Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
* Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
* Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
* Manages delivery of goods to ensure continuity of supply and adequate inventory levels
* Maintains open purchase orders to ensure accuracy of information
* Monitors supplier performance and engages with suppliers when appropriate
* Keeps procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery info, product quality or performance, and inventories
* Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality, production, suppliers, and others to determine source of issue and take corrective action
* Occasionally inspects material and other items purchased
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent training/experience
* Willing to travel 15% of time
* Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
* Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced professional environment
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam. CST offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, paid vacation, 401k and an EAP program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law.
***CST Industries, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails regarding this posting.***
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance.
CST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply Now