Buyer - Fairfield, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCORPORATE OVERVIEW:
HUBBELL INCORPORATED is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Currently, CMC (a division of Hubbell, Inc.) has an opening in their Fairfield, Ohio facility for an experienced Buyer.
The Buyer is responsible for handling all of the purchasing activities related to a specific assigned commodity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Identifies sources of supply, and seek out the lowest total cost alternatives and develop solid working relationships with the suppliers.
* Ensures an uninterrupted supply of materials on a short lead-time basis while satisfying all quality criteria.
* Conducts regular competitive quotation and analysis exercises.
* Negotiates in earnest and directly with suppliers.
* Provides detailed reporting on market conditions to management.
* Work closely with other functional areas to pursue alternative products solutions which will reduce our costs.
* Responsible for results on cost, quality, and delivery performance of assigned suppliers while obtaining ongoing support and guidance from the responsible Commodity Manager.
* Works in conjunction with the Commodity Team and provide coverage for other team members during travel and vacation periods.
* Works with the Commodity Manager in developing long term supply strategies that will meet the company's operational objectives.
* Authorized to approve all purchase orders with a value of up to $10,000. Consistent with Hubbell signing authority matrix.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
* 5+ years related experience in procurement
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.