Buyer - GER01963
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Services Buyer assists the RPM and N.A. Commodity Manager in execution of Services and By-products related activities. This person is responsible for the implementation of the Services process within the day to day operations of the area. The Buyer works closely with the day-to-day operational teams, mill personnel, other Regional Buyers, and the Corporate Procurement team.
A Services Buyer is responsible for creating agreements, entering PO's, facilitating and follow-up activities related to Service Agreements and the procurement of services not on agreement. This position also works closely with the Category Managers/Specialists, the Services Senior Buyer, mill personnel, and the Service Planners to ensure a smooth P2P process for Services at their designated mill.
A Services Buyer is responsible for the entire P2P process in relation to implementation of the spot purchase of services, as well as the creation of agreements at their assigned location(s).
Additional roles & responsibilities may be assigned by the RPM based on business needs. Duties & Responsibilities
1. Procure services, prepare agreements, POs and/or supply contracts within established policies and procedures, verify PO details, and document vendor performance.
* Coordinate the placement of services that meet the corporate requirement for placing services on agreement.
* Compliance with any and all corporate policies/strategies in the creation of purchase orders including competitive bidding, justification for lack of bidding, and use of established agreements/item numbers.
* Identifying services that may provide a savings by being re-sourced for local or regionally-controlled commodities.
* Understanding of current market conditions and key suppliers .
* Coordination with Tampa Central Procurement to support initiatives and adhere to supplier partnerships.
* Prompt resolution of identified issues with POs or Supplier performance.
* Shopping cart to PO processing within acceptable timeframes.
* Prompt communication with end-users in terms of questions and concerns (within 1 day)
* Actively seek opportunities to procure drawings under the Gerdau name.
* Plan and lead supplier negotiations.
2. Monitor/assess vendor capabilities and past performance, recommend adjustments, and collect supplier performance data.
* Ensure vendor compliance to quote terms.
* Actively participate in identifying services that should be on agreement.
* Prompt resolution of identified supplier issues (i.e. QM Notes)
* Collect/review supplier performance data.
3. Keep the procurement team, plant personnel, and central management abreast of changing market and supplier conditions.
4. Support the development of contracts with regional and local suppliers.
5. Assist in resolving procurement issues with vendors/suppliers and Gerdau departments.
* QM Note entries, Invoice investigation (i.e. R-Block, Exception, GRIR) for spot purchases and auto-generated orders.
* Support Corporate Procurement in resolution at Regional/Local level.
6. Provide information to central management, regional management, plant management, and internal customers to control costs and identify savings opportunities in the procurement of goods and services.
* EBITDA projects associated with spot purchases/category spend.
* Support the execution of agreements management strategy.
7. Review the status of schedules and make expediting adjustments, as needed, to ensure timely receipt of goods and services purchased and proper order application.
8. Resolve discrepancies primarily pertaining to specifications, weight settlement, order requirements, other clarifications and disputes with vendors/suppliers and mill personnel. Issues must be resolved professionally to maintain sound and effective relationships.
9. Stay proficient in procurement systems, company information systems, and other applicable business applications.
10. Implement the standardization and continual improvement of the procurement process and the attainment of other identified procurement Key Performance Indicators within Gerdau's guidelines.
* Assist activities to improve Services on Agreement KPI
* Assist/Lead activities to improve Qualified Contractors KPI
* Assist/Lead activities to improve Services Market Basket KPI (agreement items)
* Assist/Lead activities to improve invoice payment performance/KPIs
* Support/Lead training associated with PO management
* Other activities as assigned
Bachelor Degree and 3-5 years experience
Steel industry experience is ideal Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.