This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Overview:
Responsible for the procurement execution of assigned goods and services in accordance with the quality, delivery and pricing expectations of Plexus Corp. and Plexus Corp. customers, as is detailed in Purchasing SOP's and WI's.
* Responsible for purchasing of materials in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Plexus management and the customer's contract (ie DOU, PSA, MSA, etc) in terms of AVL adherence, unit price, quality and delivery
* Makes tactical buying decisions with respect to the placement and management of all purchases within assigned MRP portfolio to meet scheduled demand. This process encompasses order placement, rescheduling, cancellation of items and/or receiving and invoice issue reconciliation and approval
* Responsible for managing all Obsolete, Inactive and Excess Inventory items in accordance with OIX guidelines
* Negotiate lead-time constraints with suppliers to negate missed commitment dates
* Review all delivery issues and take appropriate correct action to avoid schedule impact
* Participate in the formal Parts Shortage Escalation Process per Work Instruction 596
* Manage and resolve PO Purchase Price Variance (POPPV) issues
* Attend MRB meeting as scheduled to maintain satisfactory compliance of NCM (Nonconforming Materials) return and disposition as outlined in the SOP
* Manage and resolve Early Warning receipts in allotted time frame; analyze, understand and drive continuous improvements to materials metrics for assigned area
* Additional duties as assigned by management
Skills & Abilities:
* Intermediate Decision Making, Problem Solving Skills, and computer skills
* Advanced Excel skills
* Intermediate Verbal and Written Communication Skills
* Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to prioritize duties, make immediate decisions, multitask and remain in an assertive environment is essential to the success of this position
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Experience of at least 3 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met
* Employee must successfully complete all internal training courses offered by the company necessary to fulfill this position
Qualifications:All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!