Buyer II (Job #1151)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, responsible for the placement of purchase orders, coordinating delivery schedules, insuring a quality product, and negotiation of pricing for materials and services.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides timely placement of purchase orders relative to requisition requirements to insure a continuous flow of purchased materials to meet the MRO, Completion, and production schedules.
2. Insures that the vendors meet on-time deliveries with quality products and equipment, provide competitive pricing and are a qualified and approved source.
3. Responds to the vendor's production and delivery problems with the proper interdepartmental assistance from Engineering, Planning, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Inventory Management and warehousing functions.
4. Monitors shortage reporting to provide vendor expediting interface for critical purchased material requirements.
5. Provides and continuously updates purchasing lead times for daily materials management, insuring adequate vendor response to production schedules and reschedules.
6. Takes prompt action when vendor commitments are not in line with the production requirements.
7. Maintains objective performance data for vendor findings.
8. Provides timely management of non-conformance reports to improve overall quality and provides data for corrective action and the reduction of rejections.
9. Reports and documents all cost saving and cost avoidance activities and reviews with management significant cost escalations.
10. Reviews and resolves all invoices that deviate from the acknowledged contract's purchase price or in lieu of confirmed agreements.
11. Performs any staff work or cost/price analysis that may be required.
12. Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Three (3) years of industrial purchasing experience preferred.
2. B.S./B.A. in Purchasing, Business, Marketing or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. This position requires intermediate knowledge of business practices, procedures, and procurement processes at a level normally acquired through experience on the job and education.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.