This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCDI is currenlty hiring for a Buyer III to work in the Houston, TX area:
This position supports Enterprise project execution by procuring required materials and equipment efficiently and effectively in accordance with all applicable Enterprise policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
* Placing orders for all material, services and bulk commodities.
* Entering requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
* Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and bulk commodities.
* Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
* Reviewing proposals and selecting vendor to provide material, services, and bulk commodities.
* Auditing contractors' and subcontractors' purchasing documentation.
* Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
* Assuring all change orders are properly documented and processed.
* Material Management SAP Functionality.
* Coordinates dispositioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
* Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
* Coordination of construction contractor materials and supplies.
* Expediting material, services, and bulk commodities.
* Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
* Purchases volume over $30 million.
* Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting, manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing, and general procure to pay processes.
* Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient (Intermediate to Advanced) in the following: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Windows, SAP and Ariba
* Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Minimum 5 years professional experience in procurement either directly in IT or at least have exposure to IT procurement
* BS in technical area of specialization or business administration with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material management