Buyer - Intermediate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
* The Intermediate Buyer position in Purchasing is responsible for managing all commercial contract terms and the development of sourcing strategies for a $60M annual buy of casting and automation equipment purchases.
* The Buyer will manage all the commercial aspects of the equipment purchases and strategically collaborate with manufacturing and engineering to define commodity strategies and source programs.
* The successful candidate will develop and present materials and data to all levels of senior management up to and including Senior Vice Presidents. The candidate will track program changes to ensure overall spend is within budgeted approval levels.
* He/she will manage all aspects of the supplier relationship, including contract maintenance, achievement of annual cost savings targets, and development of supplier/commodity strategies.
* Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related major from an accredited University is required. MUST HAVE 3-5 years of experience as a line buyer (preferred) or Capital Purchasing coupled with automotive manufacturing/engineering exposure. Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt, negotiate and manage a project(s) dealing with 40+ suppliers.
* Must be capable of managing tactical workload while developing & implementing strategies and present data utilizing Microsoft (Excel, Power Point, Word) and web-based applications.
* Experience in SAP is not required, however would be an advantage and strongly preferred.
* Strong Communication with all levels of management and peers, both internally and externally.
* May be expected to travel 10% domestically and internationally [Canada(frequently), Italy, Brazil (possibly once per year)].
* May be required to drive a company car.
* Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.