Buyer LBU - St. Louis, MO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/19/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : Saint Louis MO US 63134
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Purchasing
Job Description :
You may know SKF as the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our, around 40.000 employees, help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
Buyer for Lubricatioin Buisness Unit - St. Louis, MO
Not Currently Open for International Assignment
SKF Group Purchasing plays a vital role to the success of SKF by providing our businesss with a world-class global supplier base. We are a global community collaborating across borders on both a strategic and operational level. As a GP Buyer for the Lubrication Business Unit, this position will support the implementation of strategic sourcing results in the factories and promote the operational efficiency in the countries. You will work closely with the internal stakeholders and execute BU specific purchasing activities by implementing contracts, agreements, and new processes.
Perform Business Unit purchasing according to defined strategies and frameworks
* Negotiate terms and conditions, contracts and agreements with suppliers and cultivate good relationships with suppliers throughout the supply chain process.
* Advise stakeholders on modifications from original requests (if alternative, more cost efficient, or otherwise beneficial alternatives exist).
* Interface with multiple functional areas within a matrix management organizational structure (e.g. Product Engineering, Plant operations, Finance, etc.) and provide stakeholders with support guidance in the procurement cycle
Participate, as required, in global and regional strategic sourcing projects
* Work in close collaboration with Global Category Managers, Senior BU Buyers, as well as end users, to ensure local acceptance and implementation of sourcing strategy:
* Actively participate in the validation of the sourcing strategy implementation approach,
* Actively participate in the implementation of new contracts.
* Track key performance indicators on supplier and internal customer contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contracts compliance.
* Initiate, develop and recognize strategic opportunities to maximize the value of the assigned commodity to both the internal and external customer.
* Maintain an excellent communication and rapport with each manufacturing facility concerning ongoing use of assigned commodities and needs for current and future discussions/negotiations with supply base.
* Participate in the evaluation and selection of suppliers.Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and payment terms.Validate completeness and relevance of RFI/RFP.
* Continuously track supplier performance according to defined QCDIM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation, and Management).
Job Requirements :
* Experience with electronics, plastics (hoses, polymers), fasteners, seals, and springs.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
* Minimum four years of experience in purchasing function with clearly demonstrated achievements.
* Excellent applied negotiating skills.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
* Certification in CPM or APICS preferred.
* Ability to extract and analyze data in ERP system.
* Computer Software knowledge highly desired with strong ERP system experience, JDEdwards Preferred.
* Willingness to travel up to 30%, with visits centered around meeting and evaluating new and existing suppliers.
* Proven success in a self-motivating, results orientated environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.