Buyer - Manufacturing (International)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
About the role: In this role, the Buyer will be responsible for the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization which includes: preparing RFQ s, analyzing quotations, comparing prices and specifications, negotiating with vendors, preparing orders, verifying deliveries, and assisting in special projects. Position reports directly to the Purchasing Manager and works under general supervision. Position involves high degree of interaction with vendors and potential supply sources. In addition to internal customers i.e.: Engineering, Production & Finance.
Position requires International travel and must be able to travel up to 3 weeks at a time.
You will be responsible for: Procurement, Vendor Management and Administration
* Coordinating all activities related to procurement of parts and materials beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
* Determining production requirements for materials by reviewing and analyzing production demands and parts and/or material requirements
* Determining preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
* Soliciting and evaluating proposals for the requested parts and/or materials.
* Evaluating vendor quotes and services and recommends most desirable supplier(s).
* Ensuring purchase contracts comply with company and government regulations.
* Ordering parts using weekly reports (MRP and shortage reports) to ensure just in time availability.
* Accurate data entry of purchase orders into database & communicates orders to suppliers.
* Coordinating appropriate methods needed to distribute parts and/or materials in a cost effective manner.
* Effectively communicating with internal customers on the status of parts and assists in determining corrective action.
* Ensuring that the parts and/or materials are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
* Processing exchanged or refunded parts and/or materials.
* Explains and administers company policies and procedures pertaining to purchasing (i.e.: shipment, returns, total quality, etc.)
* Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the parts and/or materials balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
* Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To be successful in the role you will have:
* BA Degree in Business, Purchasing, or related field preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of buying experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience dealing with international suppliers required.
* Experience working with an MRP system a plus
* Must be able to travel internationally
* Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with vendors
* Successfully negotiate with vendors
* Ability to read and understand engineering prints and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
* Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results
* Effectively communicate ideas
* Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided
* Ability to respond quickly (think "on your feet") - Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Use a variety of computer programs / systems, at an advanced level, to track results (Word, Excel, Email, Internet, SAP, etc.).
Working Environment: Regularly working in office and manufacturing environments to accomplish stated work objectives.
Physical Requirements: Light physical effort in an office environment. Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.