This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Performs purchasing duties in support of programs and overall business (commodities). Purchasing duties include, but are not limited to, analysis of purchase requisitions for compliance with company procedures, source selection, placement of orders and follow-up with suppliers. All duties are to be performed to GKN Aerospace - SC, Inc., Policies and Procedures and applicable FAR and DAR provisions. Key Responsibilities
* Position will have direct influence to program costs and business costs through the proper selection of sources and the ability to analyze/negotiate price.
* Has indirect influence on program and business costs through the post-award management of suppliers with particular emphasis on supplier schedule.Delays in suppliers schedule can affect manufacturing schedules and require overtime and other expediting activities at GKN Aerospace - SC, Inc.
* Procure parts, materials, tools, etc. to program schedule and business schedules in support of a 98% on-time delivery performance standard.
* Procure parts, materials, tools, etc. to program budgets and business budgets in support of a + 3% variance to budget.
* Adherence to policies and procedures to the extent that no negative findings would result in any audit on work performed.
* Responsible for professionalism and team building skills.There is an extreme amount of interaction with all other departments (such as engineering, facilities, production control, etc.) It is imperative that the BUYER retains an impeccable level of professionalism and excellent team building skills.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture; which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve cost, quality, process, schedule and people .
* Provides leadership and direction with emphasis on team building.
* Ensure the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
* Fully comply with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
* Administer and comply with the Company's human resources policies and procedures to provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
* Apply the Company's Diversity Policy to all personnel actions and implement effective affirmative action to ensure attainment of the company's Diversity goals.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
* Associate Degree or higher in Business and work experience in purchasing or material planning required. 3-5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
Basic knowledge of purchasing systems and procedures is required.
Advanced knowledge of purchasing systems and procedures, such as DAR and FAR is desired.
Advanced computer skills and familiarity with business computer software and MRP systems required.
Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, etc. is required.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)