Buyer/Planner III (Sr. Supply Planner)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
The Global Planning Team is responsible for ensuring supply globally. We align supply and demand, manage constraints, and ensure product flow through our global manufacturing and distribution network. We manage and optimize our inventory investment and cycle time to meet our customer s expectations for product delivery.
You possess the skills and aptitude to manage the technical side of planning and the cross-functional skills necessary to successfully collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance. This role is expected to take initiative to seek and implement continuous improvement, taking into account the impact of their decisions across the entire supply chain. This position is a key role supporting inventory investments and customer service.
* Develops a detailed understanding of the supply strategy (Source/Make/Buy/Deliver) as well as the global demand and regulatory constraints for assigned finished goods.
* Create, maintain and execute a feasible global supply plan to balance customer demand, supply constraints, optimize inventory, and reduce excess and obsolete inventory
* Monitor weekly/monthly production plan attainment to ensure continuous product supply to prevent product interruption to the customer
* Facilitate discussions between Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to develop mitigation plans for anticipated sales or supply gaps.
* Participate in New Product Introductions and product launches by working with Sales, Marketing, and Operations partners to ensure movement on new initial builds of inventory for launch and sustaining availability
* Work closely with regional supply planners to ensure local supply plans are balanced for customer service and inventory targets
* Work with Demand Planning and the Business Units to understand demand, set priorities, and supply strategies for a given product family
* Work closely with material planners and master schedulers to ensure proper balancing of the master schedule and the supply plan.
* Develop, implement, & manage allocation strategies for products in limited supply, when necessary, working closely with Customer Service, Sales, Demand Planning, and Operations
* Establish finished goods inventory targets to achieve Service and Financial objectives
* Develop and implement strategies to optimize replenishment cadence, safety stock levels, and to minimize excess and obsolete inventory
* Monitor inventory to ensure continuous product supply to prevent product interruption to the customers and/or to meet targeted inventory levels
* Provide Product Life-Cycle Management support for product transition or end of product life cycle to minimize write-offs for finished goods and raw materials & packaging
* Proactively communicate product availability updates to all levels of the Supply Chain and Customer Services teams including potential inventory or customer service risks.
* Participates in the monthly S&OP process and serves as the key contact for assigned product families.
* Ensure relevant issues are raised in the Supply Review Meetings and any follow-up actions or decisions are communicated back to the organization and acted upon
* Resolves supply issues in the Supply Plan and suggested trade-off decisions are presented through the S&OP process as needed.
* Explain demand shortfalls and changes in supply to the appropriate stakeholders for buy-in and execution through the SOP process, including the options/plans to mitigate risk.
* Monitor and ensure the integrity and accuracy for relevant master data maintained in SAP, which drive the generation of supply plans (safety stock, cycle times, yields, BOM accuracy, effectivity dates, etc.), so that so projected supply is as accurate as possible.
* Troubleshoot transactional records to resolve inventory discrepancies
* Participate in process improvements teams to address process or system gaps
* Leads the analysis and scenario planning to identify potential gaps and opportunities to improve supply plans, working capital, asset utilization, and others.
* Monitor supply chain key performance indicators, publish performance reports, perform root cause analysis, implement action plans, and strive for continuous improvement
* Provide process and system training for new personnel
What you need for this role:
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Management or other related field (required)
* 3-5+ years of experience in planning & inventory management within in a ERP/MRP environment, preferably SAP
* Experience with Planning systems SAP, i2, JDA/Manugistics.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
* Prior experience in product planning, inventory management or manufacturing operations
* Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Results oriented self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
* Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
* Effective time management skills to meet deadlines
* Strong influence skills to work in a matrixed organization
* Ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and be detailed oriented
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Proven ability to plan and coordinate workflow and outputs efficiently across multiple functional groups and geographies to align group objectives, timeframes and deliverables, as well as to provide actionable feedback to keep processes and deliverables on track.
* Leadership skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity
* Understanding of LEAN concepts (preferred)
* APICS certification (preferred)
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.