This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Manage manufacturing order work-flows to include purchase orders and work orders to fulfill sales orders. The position will use manufacturing capacity inputs to prioritize, schedule and track work orders through the manufacturing process and issue requisite purchase orders that align with customer backlog and work order throughput. This is a key role to provide Customer Service feedback on late orders and planning for large and unusual customer orders. The position also needs to be capable of leading manufacturing teams as a backup Supervisor.
* Plan, release and track purchase orders with establish supply base
* Manage work order planning, release and closure to ensure on time customer delivery
* Review and resolve daily internal procurement problems and shortages
* Troubleshoot problems to successfully fulfilling customer demand
* Develop tools and templates as required to manage work order flow,
* Participate in vendor performance reviews and improvement programs
* Resolve material and invoice discrepancies
* Support plant performance reporting (ex. +QDIP, End of Day, late order, etc.)
* Support new product launches and part setup inputs
* Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Ensure weekly production schedules satisfactorily comply with the company s production plan and customer delivery dates
* Confers with suppliers concerning late, on-time and early deliveries
* Communicates incoming product information to customer service
* Capable of leading manufacturing teams as a back-up Supervisor
* Must have 2-4 years procurement experience in the textile or garment industry.
* Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Previous experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Software a plus
* Able to manage difficult situations, respond well to change, meet commitments, focus on solving conflict, maintain confidentiality and listen to others
* Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation, respond well to questions, participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, read and comprehend written information
* Demonstrate competency in planning, organization, professionalism and adaptability; prioritizing and planning work activities; use time efficiently, approach others in a tactful manner, adapt to changes in the work environment.
* Occasional travel maybe required
* Able to work with sub-contractors, so climb ladders, crawl, bending/lifting, confined spaces, etc.
WE BELIEVE IN DIVERSITY:
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455 FREE. All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.