Buyer / Product Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JEG & Sons
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Buyer/Product Manager is responsible to work strategically with vendors and sales team to advocate for assigned and purchased product lines, ensure accurate and appropriate inventory and achieve sales goals. Defines go-to-market strategy; works with sales team helping them to understand product positioning, key benefits and key customers. Responsible to achieve stated sales.
DUTIES determine purchase needs.
* Enter Purchase orders in Nav.
* Manage the product life cycle from purchasing through sell through.
* Act as product evangelist to build awareness, product knowledge and drive sales.
* Develop product business plan/strategy including launch, positioning, content management, and pricing.
* Oversee product set up for new products and new accounts.
* Develop on-line Promotions, including plan and schedule.
* Train sales team, helping them to understand product positioning, key benefits and key customers.
* Drive product strategy through Marketplace and Drop Ship sales channels; liaise with Account Managers to implement tactics to maximize units sold and margin.
* Develop Promotions for Retail accounts, including schedule, promotional/close out pricing, conducting product knowledge training & product sales training, and merchandising.
* Partner with Business Development to secure new partner relationships for product.
* Be alert for market changes and competitive activities, and respond appropriately.
* Monitor progress & analyze results. Achieve monthly and quarterly goals.
* Purchase Follow Up. Receive Invoices, entering into Dynamics for payment by Accounting Department, verify receipt of merchandise.
* Backorders. Review SKU Back Orders in Dynamics and replenish accordingly to expedite.
Minimum three years of B2B sales experience, preferably with technology products.
Demonstrated track record of success in managing products through sales life cycle.
Must have excellent sales, negotiating and marketing skills.
Highly organized, project management experience helpful.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to build rapport and make sales and training presentations
Requires strong computer skills including internet navigation and at least intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Bachelor's degree in Business preferred.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
JEG and Sons, Inc. is a privately held e-commerce/distribution company based in Miami, FL. JEG was founded in 2006. Be part of our dynamic, growing organization. Benefits include: Group Medical/Dental/Vision, Short Term Disability, Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (10 days per year), Holiday Pay, generous 401(k) Retirement Plan allowing participation after 90 days of employment with immediate vesting in company match. Located near I-95 & Ives Dairy Road (Aventura area).