Buyer / Purchasing Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Olive Branch, MS
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUYER/PURCHASING SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO:Director of Supply Chain
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES:
The primary role of the Buyer/Purchasing Supervisor is to coordinate, execute, manage inventory and supervise the shipping/receiving department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
* Supervises Shipping/Receiving at the location.
* Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
* Processes requisitions for supplies, researches products, clarifies specifications, documents competitive bidding and processes purchase orders.
* Follows up back orders, expedites delivery of orders, and makes special arrangements for delivery; communicates to the department the expected delivery date.
* Assists and participates in vendor performance evaluations and monthly scheduled vendor meetings.
* Maintains an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
* Ensures receipts are accurately verified, received in the system, and the items are identified and organized in the factory.
* Assists in searching out alternate vendors or supplies during periods of shortages or stock outs.
* Conducts monthly perpetual physical inventory.
* Monitors inventory levels and replenishes stock.
* Implements continuous improvement inventory management systems and processes either directed by management or own ideas implemented once management approval is received.
* Purchases buy-out items as requested from customer service.
* Coordinates both inbound and outbound logistics plus generating necessary paperwork.
* Communicate effectively with both internal customers and external suppliers.
* BSDegree or equivalent if preferred
* 2-3 years supervisory/lead experience and or equivalent training/experience