This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Support the procurement activities for any program required to support internal customers by working with the planners/department/programs managers and suppliers to ensure that needs are identified at lead-time to meet savings and delivery requirements.
* For MRO materials, drive as much automation of the purchasing process as possible thru VMI's, Kan Bans, stocking programs, etc. Work with the commodity leads of existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers where necessary.
* Procurement activities range from approved purchase req's, RFQ through purchase order placement, acknowledgement, and change management.
* Support lean practices and work within value streams to ensure zero material shortages
* Review weekly open purchase order reports and drive suppliers to their commit dates.
* Manage and report out on supplier performance measures, including quality, lead-time, and On Time Delivery.
* Identify savings projects, document and follow through validation of the savings.
* Responsible for savings targets, payment terms, and overdue processes.
* Resolve any AP issues to ensure prompt vendor payments.
* Work closely with scheduling/planning to ensure material deliveries support manufacturing needs.
* Generate supplier scorecards and conduct quarterly business reviews with suppliers to measure performance and drive improvements.
* Ensure that PO statistical due dates are maintained and are a true measure of on time delivery.
* Identify and elevate purchase orders that do not have confirmations within five (5) days.
* Process Return to Vendor MRs for discrepant material in a timely fashion to ensure closeout and credit receipt.
* May work with supplier quality engineer to identify supplier risk and drive risk reduction.
* Ensure compliance with department and GSCG/Finance processes/procedures.
* Other duties as necessary.
Position Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
* 3-5 years of experience in related purchasing environment or related disciplines.
* Lean experience in procurement is a plus.
* Bachelors of Science / Bachelors of Arts preferred or equivalent experience.
* APICS, CPM related courses preferable.
* Advanced ERP business process experience required. SAP experience a plus.
* Able to work directly with supervisors/team leads to understand situations and plan accordingly.
* Exceptional communication skills-for use internally and with suppliers as needed.
* Strong overall computer skills in MS Office required-including Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point
* Supplier On time delivery (track weekly, monthly, quarterly)
* Supplier Quality (track monthly)
* Cost Savings/Avoidances (track monthly)
* Supplier Risk Measurements
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled