This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - St. Louis, St. Louis Missouri US 63120
Job Type : Permanent
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Purchasing
Job Description :
SKF Lincoln is a world class manufacturer of lubrication and specialized fluid pumping systems for industrial markets. We currently have an opening for a Buyer in our St. Louis headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Handle the resolve of dispositions of material rejections
* Negotiate pricing
* Identify cost savings opportunities
* Process MRP messages for PO issuances in a timely manner with accuracy
* Distribute and retrieve ECOs to/from Suppliers in a timely manner
* Assemble or ensure RFQ/ECO packages are assembled in a timely manner
* Identify suppliers/develop sources of supply for Direct and Indirect Suppliers
* Conduct supplier meetings/teleconferences/on-offsite, handle general communications
* Manage network orders for purchased items.
* Ensure proper return of rejected materials to suppliers and debits are posted by Finance
* Issue SCARs and follow through for supplier corrective actions
* Request product evaluations from suppliers as a result of customer complaints
* Conduct supplier evaluations/audits
* Serve as a conduit for communications to and from suppliers
* Provide or ensure suppliers are provided scheduled open order, supplier rating and forecast reports
Job Requirements :
* Business Degree and equivalent experience
* Strong Excel skills
* Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
* Able to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material
* Strong sourcing capabilities
* Basic understanding of blueprints
* Some knowledge of manufacturers prints and specs is a plus
* Minimum five years Purchasing experience in an industrial environment
Lincoln is an equal opportunity/affirmative employer. The preferred method of application is through our careet site at SKF Jobs. If you need accommocation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condisiton or disability, please send an email to HR Jobs@skf.com or call the Human Resources Department at 314-679-4200.