Buyer/Senior Buyer (Various Openings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
BUYER/SENIOR BUYER (VARIOUS OPENINGS)
JOB ID 20162817 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 Description
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN PROCUREMENT* NATIONAL GRID HAS VARIOUS OPENINGS FOR ASSOCIATE BUYERS, BUYERS OR SENIOR BUYERS . IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO JOIN A COMPANY WHERE YOU CAN LEARN AND GROW APPLY NOW!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The successful candidate will take responsibility for strategically sourcing for our end to end Supply Chain processes and support the overall efficiencies of Procurement sourcing projects. This includes building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing outside vendors, and leading sourcing teams to drive efficiency and value for Supply Chain.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Manage the implementation of category strategies and sourcing events to attain year over year cost reductions and quality/delivery improvements.
* Develops and applies selection criteria and evaluation methodologies to match suppliers with requirements while developing a sustainable supplier portfolio.
* Works in partnership with regional/global customers in order to ensure a proactive approach to supplier selection and understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
* Identify efficiencies and cost reduction/continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain processes.
* Develop, deliver, maintain, and assist in the implementation of best practice Supply Chain processes, policies, and templates.
* Leading sourcing projects with event values ranging from $1M TO $50M.
* Overseeing the RFP process through to final award and contract signing.
* Maintain the highest standard of business ethics.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor s degree required or a minimum of one or two years of direct relevant working experience.
* Advanced Degree and Procurement/Supply Chain certifications preferred.
* Proven ability to negotiate at a high level for a variety of products and services.
* Strong relationship building skills across all levels of the organization to effectively facilitate event team activities for fast paced and often complex projects.
* Demonstrated leadership skills required to organize and deliver positive event team outcomes.
* Program management skills required to coordinate and lead the RFP sourcing process and to provide steady leadership to encourage strong team engagement with stakeholders and vendors throughout the bid events.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated organization skills to manage and provide status update reporting on complex high visibility event team projects.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 9, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
:Oct 16, 2016, 11:59:00 PM