This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTION- Provides project material management services including: Evaluation of material requisitions from internal clients and sources materials from inventory, surplus or issues Purchase Orders to vendors/manufacturers as needed and according to requisition specifications, business ethics, and procurement guidelines. Maintains project tracking files and expediting reports as required. Ensures all required material specifications are met by vendors and obtains associated documentation including: Material Test Reports, Certified Test Reports, Proof of Delivery, and hydrostatic test documentation.
- Negotiates and legally binds the Corporation contractually with suppliers for materials and services, including the expediting for timely delivery, inspection, transportation, loading and unloading of critical materials for major projects. The process includes assuring a fair and impartial bidding process, managing the costs associated with procurement of materials, warranty, acquisition and shipment of the materials, payment for goods, cancellation charges, liquidated damages, storage of goods, quality inspection and taxes associated with the process. Assist as needed to negotiate corrective action plans for failed materials or late delivery.
- Coordinates material including: Staging and tasks associated with logistics, and provides shipping, receiving and expediting information to procurement staff as required. Provides leadership to personnel for the procurement of material and equipment as needed.
- Provides project material price estimates as needed. Solicits pricing from vendors/manufacturers as needed and develops commercial bid tab information for project management review.
- Candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with changing priorities and deadlines. Proficient organizational, oral and written communication skills are required. Able to interface efficiently with internal clients and suppliers. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Educational requirements or experience equivalent:
- Tech Degree, CSM, or Associates Degree is preferred
- High school diploma
- 5+ years experience in procurement related activities
- Working knowledge of pipeline materials, industry specifications, and basic understanding of procurement and supply chain management
Software knowledge requirements:
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Web based programs
- Familiar with SAPMM
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications