Buyer- Women's Adidas Apparel - ReqCode 16000D2X
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Pittsburgh has transformed itself into one of the best 'made over towns', evolving from steel to science, and was recently declared the '#1 Most Livable City' for the second time in the last three years! With a national average of 40% lower cost of living, Pittsburgh is also the 6th city in the U.S. for job growth. According to Business Week, Pittsburgh was the second best place to raise kids in 2008 and number #1 for relocating families in 2009. Pittsburgh is now considered to be an economic hot spot for the life sciences and biotechnology industry with about 3,200 high-tech companies. In addition, 36 colleges and universities surround the Pittsburgh area. With its low crime rate, arts and leisure, and legendary sports teams, Pittsburgh appeals to audiences of all ages. The Southside, Market Square, Station Square, Strip District, and Cultural District offer unique experiences for spending an entertaining evening with family or friends.
For additional information please visit: http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/
DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. For more information on Dick's Sporting Goods please visit our Investor Relations page.
The Buyer owns a product category; this includes creating product assortments, developing strategies and advertising, and maintaining an omni-channel experience within all channels of the DSG businesses for our customer. They build and maintain vendor relationships to ensure product assortment supports strategic initiatives and financial goals.
QualificationsJob Duties & Responsibilities
* Achieve Sales, Margin and Turnover plans by creating, driving and ensuring execution of the merchandising strategies. Build Visual Merchandising Strategy and eCommerce experience that will support the sales, margin and turn objectives.
* Build, create & manage merchandise assortments, by category, through existing and new brands that align with market and consumer trends. Assortment creation includes selecting and purchasing merchandise by considering type, quality, source, timing, delivery, mix, and promotions. Manage assortments includes continual evaluation of pricing, demand, forecasting and product flow.
* Analyze economic, financial, market, competitive/noncompetitive and industry data to assess current business strategies or identify future business opportunities. Assume the customer's perspective and ensure merchandising strategies will meet customer needs (current and future).
* Ensure execution of regional marketing and pricing strategies to showcase the current assortment to drive customer traffic and increase sales. Leverage relationships with vendors and product development team to deliver exclusive products to all channels of the business.
* Works closely with each member of their team to ensure appropriate development opportunities are happening including: feedback, stretch assignments, performance management and career development conversations. Interview candidates and make hiring decisions.
* Build and manage relationships with vendors and cross-functional teams. Leverage vendor relationships to gain knowledge and data as it pertains to product category. Utilize established relationship in product selection and pricing negotiations.
* Shop national and global DSG stores, as well as other comparative retail stores, to identify new trends and opportunities, evaluate merchandise mix, evaluate competition, and translate findings into executable product plans.
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or Business Related field
* 7-10 Years
* Experience in a leadership/management role
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Business acumen
* Customer-service oriented
* Strong interpersonal and client consultation skills
* Self-motivated and results oriented
* Strong presentation skills
* Supervisory and leadership capabilities
* Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
* Execution skills
* Project management knowledge
* Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* In depth analytical skills
* Strong detail orientation
* Superior organizational abilities
* Process & procedure oriented
* Ability to travel