This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
USM, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a leading provider of essential facilities maintenance services, including interior and exterior services and electrical, mechanical and plumbing services, to national and regional commercial customers that maintain multi-site portfolios across wide geographic areas. With its highly developed proprietary network of over 11,000 service partners, USM delivers consistent facilities maintenance services across a nationwide footprint for approximately 150 customers in over 80,000 locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Job Title: -- Buyers -Temporary Procurement Department
( Monday-Friday 40 hours per week)
Candidates may apply for, and be considered for full time opportunities
Due to continued growth, and in preparation for our busy snow season work, we are looking to add several Temporary Buyer to our existing Procurement Team. This Buyer position executes the primary Supplier Selection, Onboarding and Capacity Modelling elements of the Supply Chain Life Cycle Management. This Buyer position also supports the Supplier Development and Supplier Management activities. As a member of the Procurement team, the Buyer will develop knowledge of the service category to include best practices and associated materials in area( s) of responsibility. The primary result of these procurement efforts is to contract with Capable, Qualified, Affordable and Reliable Contractors to fulfill services at client locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Buyer role:
* Creates, manages and completes all facility maintenance ( landscaping and seasonal snow removal) sourcing activity to ensure all requests for requisitions are complete
* Executes Supplier Selection activities including Compliance, Performance and Affordability. Negotiate to achieve positive account margin.
* Onboard Suppliers so that they are Compliant and able to perform to Client requirements without error. Maintains supplier information within supplier database. Creates and maintains supplier master data in ERP system as needed.
* Support Supplier Management Activities including performance feedback.
* Supports Supplier Development Activities and actively manages Supplier Capacity Modelling based on requirements.
* Actively manages Supplier Capacity Modelling based on requirements
* Interface with departments such as Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Field Quality, and Compliance to ensure service requirements are being met.
* Assists Sr. Buyer with the Execution of daily work efforts, as appropriate. Provides back-up support for Sr. Buyer, as needed. Assists in training new procurement coordinators/specialists including ongoing mentorship.
* Promotes a positive safety culture by fully complying with all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, states and local regulations.
* Any other duties as requested by management
* Associates or Bachelor s Degree in business, supply chain management, related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
* 3-5 years related work experience; 1+ years general office experience
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Contracts Experience required
* Negotiation Skills required
* Project Management preferred
* Certification in Supply Management Preferred
* Bi-Lingual ( Spanish/English) Preferred
We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled