C++ Developer 8/12/2016
IT Consulting/Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
* Works under the direction of the senior Analysts/Actuaries
* Assists the senior Analysts/Actuaries with their responsibilities
* Makes programming changes and tests those changes at the direction of the senior Analysts/Actuaries
1. Associate's or bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or a related discipline
2. Four years of system design, development and programming experience
a. two years of which must include primary technical responsibility for actuarial/financial system design and development and
b. two years of which must include proficiency and experience programming with C++ (in unmanaged environment) and VB (6 and higher) programming language.
c. preferably one year of actuarial programming experience.
3. This experience shall include experience developing and testing programs in C++, Visual Basic, Excel, SAS and similar languages.
Proficient knowledge in C++, SQL.
Knows how to compute present values (or worked in insurance or financial sector with hands on programming knowledge in financial modeling).
Has a strong mathematics/Financial background
Worked in Agile environment, strong communication skills (can run with verbal instructions instead of everything mapped into detailed specifications)
Work location in DC