C-130 Maintenance Instructor (Electrical-Avionics)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry's most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world's largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
C-130 Maintenance Instructor (Electrical-Avionics)
On Call (Fixed Term)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide C-130 maintenance instruction to customer, involving classroom instruction, platform instruction, and practical maintenance training, on electrical (electrical, flight management, and avionics) systems utilizing C-130 aircraft.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Instruct personnel in C-130 aircraft Organization and Intermediate Level maintenance procedures including documentation of training and test scores into the student s training folder.
* Train students in: inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of various C-130 avionics and electrical systems and controls such as communication, navigation and radar systems using instructor lead discussions, CBT and hands-on teaching.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum 10 years C-130 O-Level experience in their respective specialty
* Minimum 1 year of instructional experience
* In-depth understanding of the operational theory of C-130 avionics, electrical systems and equipment
* Knowledge of troubleshooting procedures
* Reading and interpreting schematics for electronics and advanced electronic test equipment
* Held prior Quality Assurance (QA) designation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to clearly express technical concepts and procedures to students
* Math skills necessary to conduct aviation maintenance related tasks
* Sufficient intellectual and personal skills to evaluate, and where necessary, re-direct student s activities
* Must Provide U.S. Military or Civil Airline records documenting history of aviation maintenance and instructor experience
* Detail oriented
* PC proficiency with MS Office software
* Extensive experience in Shop Training
* Associates Degree/Military certification preferred
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in professional office, classroom, and simulator environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* Ability to perform academic and simulator instruction for extended periods
* Must be able to hear and tolerate simulation vibration and acoustic environment
* Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit simulator
* Must be able to sit in normal instructional type aircraft chair, lift hands above head and reach controls as necessary
* Must be able to work around aircraft in an airport environment
* Ability to travel both domestic and international
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO COMPENSATION INFORMATION, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE IS (A) IN RESPONSE TO A FORMAL COMPLAINT OR CHARGE, (B) IN FURTHERANCE OF AN INVESTIGATION, PROCEEDING, HEARING, OR ACTION, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER, OR (C) CONSISTENT WITH THE CONTRACTOR S LEGAL DUTY TO FURNISH INFORMATION.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professionnal working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.