C++ Software Engineer 8/23/2016
Great Bay Staffing
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Salary in the $145, range + bonus potential.
* Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
* Great company (free breakfast, lunch, gym, on-site medical care).
* Relocation Assistance.
* This is direct hire role.
THIS POSITION INVOLVES THE FOLLOWING :
Very successful, privately-held financial services firm in suburban Philadelphia is seeking a Software Developer to join the team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's highly distributed, high performance order routing system for equities, options and futures. In this position you will have the opportunity to work closely with traders and other technical teams. You will be engaging the complete SDLC and the majority of development will be in C++ on Linux.
If you join this team, you will:
* Research, design, develop and test software components and applications in a heterogeneous technology environment using knowledge of object oriented programming and C++/Linux.
* Analyze user needs and softwarerequirements to determine feasibility of design within time, cost, and performance constraints.
* Engage in problem definition, decomposition, and solutions definition within the scope of the application and the run-time environment.
* Take a holistic view of systems and understand how the hardware, networking, and middleware layers integrate with software components.
WHO WILL BE A GREAT FIT
* 5years of progressive experience developing software applications is required.
* Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and software development in a high-performance / high throughput environment using C++ (preferably in a Linux environment) is required.
* Experience with .NET or Javapreferred.
* Excellent attention to detail and an appreciation for the balance between the perfect technical solution and time to market considerations.
* Ability to take ownership of projects and assume the responsibility for success.