CA Gen Developer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
EBCI CA GEN DEVELOPER
LOCATION: DURHAM, NC 27709
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS CONTRACT
* CA Gen version 8.5 Mainframe Developer to support the EPICS System and other smaller legacy applications to be in compliance with State mandated Eastern Band of Cherokees (EBCI) legislation.
* CA Gen EBCI Developer NClient is seeking a short term (approx. 12months) resource to provide development support for the architecture, design, develop, modification, testing, and implementation of the required changes to the EPICS System and other smaller legacy applications to be in compliance with state mandated Eastern Band of Cherokees (EBCI) legislation.
* The modifications to the EPICS System must be written in CA Gen version 8.5 and be able to support any enhancements related to these required modifications within the core application.
* The other legacy applications are written in COBOL/DB2. All changes to any impacted application and its infrastructure must be addressed in a professional manner using DHHS' System Development Life Cycle methodology to ensure success, and to meet the business needs of the department. Local candidates are highly desired and must work onsite at RTP location.
* Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have deep industry experience.
* In-person interview only Skill Matrix: Full life-cycle development experience supporting applications written in CA Gen Required 7Years
* Experience programming in CA Gen version 8.5Required 2Years
* Experience programming with IBM mainframe DB2Required 7Years
* Experience programming in IBM mainframe COBOL, CICS, JCL Required 7Years
* Experience with structured system development methodologies, preferably waterfall method Required 7Years
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills Required Ability to translate and communicate highly technical concepts to both technical and non-IT business users Required Ability to develop relationships/ partnerships with customers Required Extensive expertise conducting problem analysis and issue resolution Required 5Years
* Experience monitoring, supporting/maintaining and developing applications in a mainframe environment Required 7Years
* Experience performing business requirements definitions, reviewing functional specifications, developing test plans, & performing application testing Desired7Years
* Excellent written skills including experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word and Excel) Desired7Years
* Experience with test environment design, setup, load, and refresh concepts and procedures. Nice to have 1Years
* Experience developing in an environment that includes the following development tools: CICS, EZTrieve+,Zeke, X/PTR, Endevor, & CA Tools & Utilities. Desired2Years
* Experience with IBM mainframe tools: TSO, ISPF/SDSF, File Manager, and DB2 Utilities Required 5Years
* Local candidates in the Raleigh/Triangle area Highly desired