This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position, you will assist HEC engineers in the design and development of electronic component systems using Catia V5 and NX7.5 (Unigraphics) computer graphics. Ensure that the fit and function of the systems and components comply with customers specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Modify existing components using Catia V5 / NX7.5 computer graphics.
* Create proposals for new systems and components.
* Check Catia V5 / NX models for compliance to customer standards.
* Provide engineers with 3D models, 2D drawings, tolerance stacks, studies and proposals including tolerance stack ups.
* Provide Static FEM studies to engineers using Catia V5.
* Maintain organization and integrity of data files via Catia V5 data management (PDM).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Five (5) to eight (8) years of automotive component design experience; minimum (5) years on Catia V5; (5) years NX.
* Design Certification or Associate degree in CAD with classes in Design, Descriptive Geometry, Drafting, Math, and Computer Graphics.
* Knowledge of automotive electronics packaging and component design.
* Knowledge of Teamcenter (GM, Ford, Nissan, etc.).
* Static FEM analysis (dynamic FEA an asset).
* Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards per ASME Y14.5M-1994.