This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/18/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Drafter will take design documentation from Applications ManagersEngineers and transform that information into permit submittal sets andor detailed construction drawings using various Autodesk products so field technicians can use those drawings to install systems as contracted. The Tyco Integrated Security Drafter may also compile data sheets into Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive and prepare architectural base plans for use.
* Add company titleblock, layers and details.
* Place devices, panels and cabling.
* Create riser diagrams.
* Create point-to-point wiring details.
* Create installation details and product typicals.
* Create battery and voltage drop calculations.
* Annotate drawing.
* Maintain version control of drawings.
* Two year degree or equivalent.
* Fire Alarm Systems, Video Surveillance Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems and Access Control Systems.
* Fire Codes, Electrical Codes, ADA Codes.
* National CAD Standards.
* Basic electronics.
* AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Revit MEP, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Buzzsaw, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
* NICET certification preferred.
* Autodesk certification preferred.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. JOHNSON CONTROLS IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.