This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
* Develops drawings from verbal instructions, preliminary layouts, sketches or marked-up prints utilizing conventional drafting tools and/or computer assisted design/drafting programs.
* Assists in preliminary layout of complex assignments to define appropriate drawings and information.
* Performs drafting to accepted company and national standards, e.g., symbols, nomenclatures, engineering terms, etc.
* Prepares design modifications from provided sketches and data when prototypes are not available.
* Reviews and checks others' work, as requested.
* Employs optimum use of procedures, standards, and reference information.
* Makes freehand sketches of designs and ideas for use within the engineering environment.
* Makes or reviews calculations involved, as required, to support assigned work.
* Verifies completed work, checks dimensions, and determines required materials.
* Reproduces plans and/or drawings, as required, to support customers.
* Revises original drawings, following prescribed instructions.
* Utilizes company equipment to achieve maximum quality and production.
* Maintains files of work, as required.
* Keeps abreast of improved drafting techniques, standards, practices, engineering procedures, and manufacturing capabilities to enhance discipline knowledge.
* Informs supervisor/manager of difficult or obscure problems related to work.
* Prepares final drawings based on prior work examples and other input from designers or engineers.
Candidate Specification Requirements:
Two years of post-secondary education and two years of drafting experience or high school graduate with 4 years drafting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MicroStation and Revit experience preferred. Experience in drafting for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems is a plus. Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals