CAD Drafters and Designers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
IDC Technologies Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: CAD DRAFTERS/DESIGNERS
LOCATION: MILPITAS CA.
In this role you would perform a variety of tasks including:
* ANALYZE CUSTOMER SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION PACKAGE (MAY INCLUDE BUILDING DRAWINGS, SKETCHES, ETC.)
* Under supervision, prepare interconnect solutions using control/monitoring system elements (control panel, cables, controllers, switches, sensors, etc.) for specific customer installations. Systems drawings will typically consist of items such as floor plan layouts, one line diagrams, elevations, electrical interconnections drawings, Bill of materials and Loading schedules.
* DRAFT THE INTERCONNECT DIAGRAM USING AUTOCAD.
* Create and edit tables/bill of materials/ loading schedules using excel spreadsheets or other tools.
* MUST HAVE STRONG AUTOCAD SKILLS (VERSION 2014 OR HIGHER), UNDERSTAND ELECTRICAL FUNDAMENTALS, LOW VOLTAGE WIRING AS APPLIED TO COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS, ABILITY TO WORK WITH EXCEL. FAMILIARITY WITH DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEMS IS A PLUS.
* THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF AUTOCAD INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: MENUS, LAYERS AND LAYER CONTROLS, BLOCKS, X-REFERENCES, BACKGROUNDS, VIEWPORTS, FILE STRUCTURES, ETC.
* Must have at least Associates Degree from an accredited College or University, technical school or equivalent combination of education and 7 years' applicable experience or demonstrable proficiency and aptitude with the subject matter.
* Familiarity with Electrical panels, low voltage wiring, commercial building layout and construction and framing methods.
* Familiarity with PDM systems like Agile or equivalent a plus