CAD Drafting Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
JOB DESCRIPTION_Salary Range BOQ__ _
_** This is a new search. We need a candidate with strong AutoCAD skills and experience working with architectural drawings for construction projects._
_Search For: AutoCAD, Architectural Drawings, shop drawings, construction projects._
Position Title CAD Drafting Engineer - MA #3322
_$25 to $35 per hour. Possible wiggle room for the right situation. _
Location Tewksbury MA
The CAD Drafting Engineer is responsible for interpreting architectural drawings and creating shop drawings utilizing AutoCAD to create blueprints, technical designs, plans and drawings to be used in assigned construction projects. Using internal drafting standards and designing with accuracy is critical in complying with overall company standards. Working as an integral part of the project team is essential. Responsibilities also include working with project managers and fabrication personnel to create materials take off lists to determine the amount and types of materials to be purchased, as well as creating the Fabrication tickets for the shop. Drafting Engineer will communicate with project managers, engineers, and architects as directed by the Drafting Supervisor, to ensure design meets project specifications. Reviews and analyze drawings.
* Responsible for day-to-day drafting operations of assigned projects only from Drafting Supervisor.
* Supply cut lists and production drawings
* Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations, OSHA and company safety requirements.
* Design, plan and construct drawings for new or modified structures and/or as assigned
* Responsible for computer applications to do layout diagrams and schematics
* Coordinate and determine quantity, types of materials needed
* Work with project team to establish goals and ensure all shop drawings and engineering for assigned projects are completed according to set deadlines.
* Review assigned projects to ensure production standards are met.
* Analyze data and reviews drawings.
* Function as an active team member with Estimating, Project Management and the shop.
* Strong proficiency with AutoCAD required
* The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between company business needs, organizational issues, and maintain sound customer relations while providing outstanding customer service necessary.
* A strong sense of urgency and initiative with a can-do attitude a must
* Be team a player with the ability to be diplomatic, take direction, work under pressure and tight deadlines
* Flexibility to shift work priorities and adapt to an ever-changing environment
* Accommodate operational and business needs as needed.
* Learn and be competent in new software as required by the company.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. STRONG PROFICIENCY WITH AUTOCAD.
2. EXPERIENCE INTERPRETING ARCHITECTURAL DRAWINGS AND CREATING SHOP DRAWINGS UTILIZING AUTOCAD TO CREATE BLUEPRINTS, TECHNICAL DESIGNS, PLANS AND DRAWINGS TO BE USED IN ASSIGNED CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.
3. LOCAL OR CLOSE ENOUGH FOR A SHORT EASY MOVE.
4. SALARY EXPECTATIONS.