CAD Design Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 5/2/2017
Evergreen Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONEvergreen Fire and Security is a recognized leader in electronic security and life safety solutions with a strong history of successful past performance for both the Federal Government and Commercial markets. We have successfully built on this foundation - expanding our services to the design, installation, maintenance, service, and administration of fire alarm, mass notification, intrusion detection, access control, and CCTV Systems to project sites worldwide. Our team's commitment to the highest level of service for our customers is at the forefront of our way of doing business, and our ability to recruit, train and retain the best staff has allowed us to deliver a level of service that is unmatched in the industry.
Works under the supervision of the Engineering Department Manager and/or Supervisor to ensure accurate CAD operations and assigned administrative duties. The CAD Operator is responsible for reading and interpreting customer requirements and preparing drawings and design specifications. (S)he works with customers and vendors to track job equipment and customer products.
Job Duties and Functions:
* Organization of new and existing CAD Projects.
* Administrative and drafting duties including creation, modification, and maintenance / storage of CAD files for all jobs.
* Complete detailed plots and drawings from sketch plans, legal descriptions and both written and verbal instructions using AutoCAD programs.
* Copying project documentation and delivery as needed.
* Generate drawings using AutoCAD software. Drawings will include floor plans, details, elevations, block diagrams, cable runs and other drawings as necessary.
* Compile working drawings for team as assigned.
* Responsible to follow company CAD standards and guidelines.
* Expedite projects in a timely manner and interface with engineers and program managers to gather information about required drawings for the project.
* Digitalization of a variety of source documents.
* Transfer root schematics into an AutoCAD layout.
* Creating and merging documents into pdf deliverables.
* Customer service and care as needed.
* Available to travel as necessary.
* May be required to obtain Secret Level or higher security clearance.
* All other duties as assigned within your scope of work.
Experience and Skills:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* AutoCAD education/experience
* Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
* Good communication skills to interface with customers
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work autonomously
* Ability to work well with others and come to work with a positive attitude
* Required to obtain Secret Level or higher security clearance
* Valid driver's license and proof of minimum liability insurance
* Able to meet Evergreen's standard of a clean driving record
* Be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
* Pass pre-employment background, federal-class drug, financial credit check and MVR screening and participate in the company's random screening process.
* Associate's degree or technical school graduate
* Experience of proficient CAD operations experience including experience assembling drawings for fire, security and CCTV systems using AutoCAD 2004 or higher.
Evergreen Fire & Security is a nationwide fire and security company. Evergreen Fire and Security is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 253-627-3794 and ask for Human Resources or email HR@evergreenfire.com .
Paid Vacation time (Accrual begins on date of hire; eligibility effective following 90 days of active employment)
* 7 Paid Holidays
* Life, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and Disability Insurance
* Evergreen Fire Alarms will make Safe Harbor matching contributions in the amount of 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of participant contributions for the 2015 calendar year. You will be 100% vested in the Safe Harbor contribution.
Health and Welfare Benefits
* Group Health Plan
* Dental Benefit
* Vision Benefit
* Employer Assistance Program (EAP)*
* Coverage for Employee such as Financial Planning, Counseling, Supervisor Assistance, and much more.
* Benefits Advocates
* Dedicated staff of advocates to help with everything from coverage, to billing to prescription medication
* Evergreen Fire and Security Corporate Perks, where you can save money on computers, restaurants, cell phones and much more just by being an employee of Evergreen.